SL-16 Aluminum Flush Door
Aluminum Flush Doors advance lightweight beauty but aren’t light-duty
The SL-16 Aluminum Flush Door is the absolute solution for the modern flush door challenges that need an elegant architectural look and feel. The SL-16 Flush Door was the first type of metal door built by Special-Lite more that forty years ago. These entrance doors provide an appealing, easy-care prospect. They also offer an excellent stylish, up-to-date look that is remarkably suited for industrial and institutional facilities dominated by moderate to heavy traffic.
When confronted with unrelenting environmental conditions such as high humidity or caustic chemicals that quickly damage hollow metal doors, the SL-16 aluminum flush door can fittingly withstand these challenges. These aluminum metal doors are the perfect choice for water and wastewater treatment plants and industrial facilities.
The SL-16 Flush Door is likewise available with stainless steel face sheets as the SL-16SS model for sterile environments such as hospitals, laboratories, and kitchens.
Traditional reasoning says that a dense, more solid door is a durable door. We oppose the thinking by saying that a lighter metal door is a solid aluminum flush door. Unwieldy, rigid standard doors place high loads on hardware and framing. The result is eventual door entrance collapse. Less entrance door mass not only means diminished wear and tear on equipment and framing but also increases the aluminum metal door life, with less opening effort as well.
At the Core of our Aluminum Door’s Strength is our Flush Door’s Core
The poured-in-place urethane core of our SL-16 Flush Door is not just a passive filler — it’s an operative component that contributes significantly to the durability of Special-Lite® Aluminum Flush Exterior and Interior Doors. After ultimately constructing the door, the core material is injected using our exclusive foam injection technology, ensuring a complete fill with a minimum five pounds per cubic foot density.
This strong, lightweight, structural urethane foam bonds firmly to the rails, stiles, reinforcements and face sheets to transform the aluminum entrance door into a solid, completely sealed unit with incredible impact endurance and flexural strength. Our urethane foam won’t absorb or be degraded by water.
Features and Benefits
- Stile and rail construction of extruded 6063-T6 aluminum alloys.
- Stiles and rails joined with mitered corners and angle blocks secured by 3/8″ diameter full-width galvanized steel tie rods.
- Standard and optional internal reinforcements provide secure attachment for the exact hardware specified.
- Face sheets secured on all four sides by full-length integral reglets on the edges of the stiles and rails.
- Face sheets are aluminum .062″ thick architectural-quality 5005 alloys, and are available in smooth, fluted, or embossed texture (max size = 48″ x 108″).
- Face sheets are also available in .125″ thick aluminum skin in smooth texture only (max size = 48″ x 108″).
- Poured-in-place closed cell urethane core that is a minimum of 5-lb./cubic foot density.
- We can supply the doors with hardware installed, reinforced only, or prepped for field installation of equipment.
- We can paint the face sheets with any of our 20 established Kynar® paint colors, any custom color or applied wood-look finish
- Excellent design flexibility.
- GREENGUARD Certified.