Rustic Wood Grain Fiberglass Door — Endless Design Possibilities
Special-Lite® SL-19 Rustic Wood Grain Style Flush Door combines traditional styling with the advantages of modern engineering and materials to deliver high performance and long life. They feature a remarkable fiberglass face sheet material that offers the appearance of a rustic, flush style wood door, right down to the realistic oak species wood grain detail.
Features and Benefits
- Made-to-order any size up to 48” wide x 96” tall
- Manufactured with stiles and rails of extruded 6063-T6 aluminum alloy, sized and configured for maximum strength without unnecessary, non-functional bulk.
- Stiles and rails are joined with mitered corners and angle blocks secured by 3/8″ (9.5mm) diameter full-width galvanized steel tie rods.
- AMP (acrylic modified polyester) face sheets are .120″ (3mm) thick for durability, and never warp, split, peel, or rot.
- Face sheets are secured on all four sides by full-length integral reglets on the edges of the stiles and rails to eliminate troublesome screw-applied capping and form a truly flush door.
- Poured-in-place polyurethane core ensures impact resistance, flexural strength, and thermal insulation. In addition, it won’t absorb or be damaged by water.
- Choose from a variety of vision lite options, with or without muntins, to satisfy any architectural requirement.
- Achieve the rich look of real stained wood with our selection of natural wood stain colors.
At the Core of our Door’s Strength is our Flush Door’s Core
The poured-in-place polyurethane core of our SL-19 door is not just a passive filler — it’s a functional component that contributes significantly to the durability of Special-Lite® FRP/Aluminum Hybrid Doors. After the door has been completely assembled, the core material is injected using our proprietary foam injection technology, ensuring a complete fill. This strong, lightweight, structural polyurethane foam bonds firmly to the rails, stiles, reinforcements and face sheets to transform the door into a solid, completely sealed unit with incredible impact resistance and flexural strength. Our polyurethane foam won’t absorb or be damaged by water.
The SL-19 features a realistic, rustic wood grain appearance without the disadvantages of a real wood door. Since the AMP surfaces cannot rust or rot and the polyurethane foam is impervious to moisture or water, our SL-19 doors provide years of long service life in environments that cause other doors to quickly deteriorate. Building types include educational, municipal, restaurant, retail and religious facilities.