The SL-20 FRP Door is constructed as tough as the SL-17, but with a softer, smoother appearance.
The SL-20 FRP Door is strong, yet aesthetically pleasing with its exclusive, exterior-grade sandstone-textured FRP (fiber reinforced polyester) surface finish. Tough enough for your entire high traffic exterior entrance locations, but also attractive enough to complement indoors spaces. The SL-20 has the same durable construction as the SL-17 for long life and low maintenance and is available in many prominent architectural through-colors.
Features and Benefits
- Manufactured with stiles and rails of extruded 6063-T6 aluminum alloys
- Stiles and rails are joined with mitered corners and angle blocks secured by 3/8″ diameter full width galvanized steel tie rods
- Standard and optional internal reinforcements provide secure attachment for the exact hardware specified
- Face sheets are rabbeted and secured on all four sides by full-length integral reglets on the edges of the stiles and rails to form a truly flush door
- Sandstone-Textured face sheets are .120″ thick and provide scratch, scuff and fade resistance and will never rust, corrode, crack, split, peel or rot
- The sandstone-texture provides a fine-grained, aesthetically pleasing appearance and is easy to clean
- Face sheets available in standard through-molded colors so scratches will not be obvious
- Color match available on a painted face sheet
- Poured-in-place closed cell polyurethane core
- Doors can be supplied with hardware installed, reinforced only, or prepped for field installation of hardware
- All anodized finishes are Class I (.7 mil)
- Unique configurations such as arched doors, odd sizes, unequal pairs; monorail cutouts, dutch or bi-fold doors and custom lites are no problem
- Maximum door size: 48″ x 96″
- Florida Building Code approved for use in HVHZ
- Greenguard Gold
At the Core of our Door’s Strength is our Door’s Core
The poured-in-place polyurethane core of our SL-20 is not just a passive filler — it’s a functional component that contributes significantly to the durability of Special-Lite® Doors. After the door has been completely assembled, the core material is injected using our proprietary foam injection technology, ensuring a complete fill. This strong, lightweight, structural polyurethane foam bonds firmly to the rails, stiles, reinforcements and face sheets to transform the door into a solid, completely sealed unit with incredible impact resistance and flexural strength. Our polyurethane foam won’t absorb or be damaged by water.
The SL-20 FRP Door features an aesthetically pleasing, sandstone-textured surface finish face sheet. This door withstands high traffic, improves security and increases energy savings. Building types include public buildings, schools, universities, dorm rooms, government, and restaurants, hotels, healthcare, fitness and sports buildings.