The best way to maximize your knowledge about Special-Lite Entrance Systems is to participate in one of our factory-based or on-site training sessions. We tailor our training sessions to your needs. Installation Training will be scheduled as requested. For more information or to make reservations, call Craig Hartsell, Training Manager, at 1-800-821-6531, extension 272 or email him at email@example.com.Training Guide PDF
AIA/CES PROGRAMSTwo American Institute of Architects Continuing Education System (AIA/CES) programs are available from Special-Lite. These programs are developed specifically for architects and specifiers that are involved in selecting doors for commercial applications. Attendees receive one Health, Safety & Welfare (HS&W) Learning Unit Credit. Special-Lite is an AIA/CES Registered Provider.
- What is Fiberglass (FRP)?
- A brief history of fiberglass and the architectural benefits of fiberglass.
- Material components and methods used in manufacturing fiberglass.
- Different types of fiberglass door and frame construction and their performance characteristics.
- The different cores used in fiberglass door construction.
- Available surface textures and finishes.
- Refinishing of a fiberglass surface.
- Corrosion and abuse resistance.
- Fire Rating
- How an entrance functions as a system of interdependent components
- How a door’s operating environment affects performance, durability, and lifecycle costs
- Key design and construction differences among flush door alternatives
- Basic scientific principles and material properties affecting entrance system service life
- How to evaluate door performance criteria to choose the right entrance supplier