Special-Lite’s entire product line—doors*, framing, and panels, were the first doors of any type from any manufacturer to earn GREENGUARD Certification, including the stringent Children & Schools standard. GREENGUARD Certification is your independent assurance of low-emission performance. The GREENGUARD Environmental Institute (GEI) criteria are the toughest in the industry, involving tests for formaldehyde, VOCs, phthalates and hundreds of other pollutant emissions using scientific environmental chamber protocols. To view our GREENGUARD Certification online, visit the GEI site at //www.greenguard.org.
Exterior doors may not immediately come to mind when considering indoor air quality (IAQ), but one side of every exterior door is inside and can impact IAQ. In addition, Special-Lite doors are frequently specified for high-humidity or corrosive environments in interior locations such as pools, locker rooms, showers, kitchens, and labs where IAQ performance is an important consideration.
Eight Reasons Our Entrance Products are More Sustainable:
> 1. GREENGUARD Certification ensures better indoor air quality.
2. Modern materials and durable construction reduce lifecycle cost.
3. Lightweight doors extend the life of the entire entrance system.
4. Durable finishes reduce maintenance costs and health risks.
5. Easy cleaning with green cleaners protects indoor air quality.
6. Better thermal performance helps reduce energy usage.
7. Aluminum is a sustainable material choice.
8. All Special-Lite extrusions are made from reprocessed aluminum.
*Excludes fire-rated doors.
The GREENGUARD INDOOR AIR QUALITY CERTIFIED Mark is a registered certification mark used under license through the GREENGUARD Environmental Institute.