At Special-Lite, we manufacture our entrance products from aluminum because its unique material properties make it a better choice than steel for exterior doors and framing. Its high strength-to-weight ratio, natural corrosion resistance, excellent workability, and ability to accept a wide range of finishes make it an excellent choice for architectural products.
Aluminum is also an excellent material choice for sustainable construction. It’s the most abundant metallic element in the earth’s crust, and can be infinitely recycled without degradation of properties. Aluminum’s high scrap value and well-established recycling infrastructure make it the most frequently recycled metal, so much so that 73% of the aluminum ever produced is still in use today.
Eight Reasons Our Entrance Products are More Sustainable:
1. GREENGUARD Certification ensures better indoor air quality.
2. Modern materials and durable construction reduce lifecycle cost.
3. Lightweight doors extend the life of the entire entrance system.
4. Durable finishes reduce maintenance costs and health risks.
5. Easy cleaning with green cleaners protects indoor air quality.
6. Better thermal performance helps reduce energy usage.
> 7. Aluminum is a sustainable material choice.
8. All Special-Lite extrusions are made from reprocessed aluminum.