The best way to maximize your knowledge about Special-Lite Entrance Systems is to participate in one of our factory-based or on-site training sessions. We tailor our training sessions to your needs.
Installation Training will be scheduled as requested.
For more information or to make reservations, call Craig Hartsell, Training Manager, at 1-800-821-6531, extension 272 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These programs are developed specifically for architects and specifiers that are involved in selecting doors for commercial applications. Attendees receive
one Health, Safety & Welfare (HS&W) Learning Unit Credit. Special-Lite is an AIA/CES Registered Provider.
To schedule one of these programs for your firm, please contact your local Special-Lite Sales Representative.
- How an entrance functions as a system of interdependent components
- How a door’s operating environment affects performance, durability,
and lifecycle costs
- Key design and construction differences among flush door alternatives
- Basic scientific principles and material properties affecting entrance system service life
- How to evaluate door performance criteria to choose the right entrance supplier
- What is Fiberglass (FRP)?
- A brief history of fiberglass and the architectural benefits of fiberglass.
- Material components and methods used in manufacturing fiberglass.
- Different types of fiberglass door and frame construction and their
- The different cores used in fiberglass door construction.
- Available surface textures and finishes.
- Refinishing of a fiberglass surface.
- Corrosion and abuse resistance.
- Fire Rating
Special-Lite Sponsored CEU Course
Attention to materials and product selection improves appearance, comfort, and long term results.
- Identify selected general trends and factors related to specifying high-performance wall finishing systems and heavy-duty doors that can significantly improve the durability and longevity of back-of-house functions in retail and hospitality buildings or spaces.
- Assess innovative entrance flooring and advanced mechanical systems that enhance the health, safety, and comfort of occupants in hospitality and retail facilities.
- Determine ways to economically address material usage, space enhancements, and occupant comfort while producing designs that meet the owner and user needs for energy efficiency, longevity, and performance.
- Investigate ways to incorporate specific building technologies into retail and hospitality designs by reviewing project case studies related to safe and functional door systems, innovative wall protection, and thermal comfort.
Special-Lite training and installation videos
Aluminum Door Thermal Properties
Learn about the importance of product testing and compliance to ASHRAE 90.1.
Vision Lite Cutout for FRP Door
How to perform the cutout for a vision lite in a Special-Lite FRP door.
Refinishing FRP Wood Grain Doors
A brief review of the preparation and procedure for refinishing Special-Lite FRP wood grain doors, including the SL-18 and SL-19.
SL 301 Adjustable Bottom Brush Flush Doors
Special-Lite’s SL 301 Adjustable Bottom Brush Flush Doors.
Basix Door: Lock Pocket Prep and Installation
Describes how to prep for and install a lockset into a Special-Lite Basix Door.
Updating an Opening – The Easy Way
Get the look and feel of a whole new entrance when installing a new Special-Lite® Door by placing Special-Lite® Insert Framing and Capping over the existing hollow metal frame. Insert frames and capping enhance the appearance and functionality of any entrance while minimizing disruption during installation...