In its ongoing commitment to delivering exceptional customer service, Special-Lite is streamlining its approach to handling freight claims for improved efficiency.
As of January 2, 2024, the custom commercial door manufacturer will continue shipping all freight FOB from its dock. However, Special-Lite will initiate and manage all damaged freight claims for its valued customers.
“Time is essential in determining responsibility for damaged freight. We want every customer to receive exactly what they ordered in the same condition it left our docks,” said Phil Ward, Director of Quality and Continuous Improvement at Special-Lite.
“We are dedicated to supporting our customers throughout the entire shipping process. Leveraging our unique position, we can expedite resolutions if needed. This shift alleviates some of the burden from our customers, keeping their projects on schedule,” emphasized Pat Mahan, Vice President of Manufacturing for Special-Lite.
Special-Lite has established a straightforward process below for customers to follow in the event of freight damage during transit, ensuring a prompt and satisfactory resolution. The steps for this process are outlined below.
It’s important to highlight that this service only applies when Special-Lite has arranged the freight. Customers can still arrange shipment on their own, but they will be responsible for handling the claim for any damaged freight. Special-Lite is ready to assist if needed, however.
Freight Handling Steps
For optimal handling of incoming freight, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Inspect immediately upon arrival.
- Examine freight for damaged or missing items before the carrier leaves.
- Prompt inspection is crucial for determining liability for any delivery-related damage.
Procedure for Damaged Freight
- Document and photograph all damage. Include an image of the overall shipment and close-ups of affected areas.
- Note damages on the Bill of Lading.
- Submit photos within 5 days of receipt (the sooner, the better). Photos, along with all other details, can be shared via Special-Lite’s Contact Us Form.
- Hold damaged units for carrier inspection until the claim is settled.
If unable to store, contact the Special-Lite Customer Service Team at email@example.com to make other arrangements.
Handling Missing Freight
- Cross-check the Bill of Lading and packing list with the received units.
- Document any discrepancies on the Bill of Lading.
- Notify our Customer Service Team immediately via email or the Special-Lite Contact Form to initiate the claim process so we can help facilitate the replacement or repair of missing items.
- Forward all photos of damaged freight to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concealed Damage Post-Delivery
- Stop unpacking as soon as any concealed damage is discovered after delivery.
- Keep all packaging materials.
- Take photos of the damage, following the provided guidelines above.
- Email comprehensive details and photos to email@example.com. Alternatively, customers can fill out the Contact Us Form at special-lite.com.
- Save all packaging materials and seek assistance from our Customer Service Team.
Do not install any damaged product before consulting with someone from Special-Lite.
By following these steps, you can help Special-Lite ensure a seamless process for resolving potential freight issues and keep your project on schedule!
Special-Lite’s Customer Service Team is available to help answer any other questions or concerns.