Contemporary Wood Grain FRP Aluminum Hybrid Door
Special-Lite SL-19-1 Contemporary Wood Grain Style Flush Doors combine contemporary styling with the advantages of modern engineering and materials to deliver high performance and long life. These woodgrain fiberglass doors feature a remarkable fiberglass face sheet that offers the appearance of flush wood doors, right down to its most authentic cherry species wood grain replication in the exterior door industry. It can be specified with custom vision lites to create your desired functionality and style. The fiberglass surface offers a degree of resistance to stains, scuffs, and impacts that would easily damage real wood. It’s also resistant to the elements and corrosive environments – even coastal salt spray – and offers excellent cleanability.
The Core of our Door’s Strength is its Core
The poured-in-place polyurethane core of our SL-19-1 door is not just a passive filler — it’s a functional component that contributes significantly to the durability of Special-Lite® FRP/Aluminum Hybrid Doors. After the door has been completely assembled, the core material is injected using our proprietary foam injection technology, ensuring a complete fill. This strong, lightweight, structural polyurethane foam bonds firmly to the rails, stiles, reinforcements, and face sheets to transform the door into a solid, completely sealed unit with incredible impact resistance and flexural strength. Our polyurethane foam won’t absorb or be damaged by water.
- Made-to-order any size up to 42” wide x 100” tall
- Manufactured with stiles and rails of extruded 6063-T6 aluminum alloy, sized and configured for maximum strength without unnecessary, non-functional bulk
- Stiles and rails are joined with mitered corners and angle blocks secured by 3/8″ (9.5mm) diameter full-width galvanized steel tie rods.
- Face sheets are .120″ thick, Class A, authentic cherry species wood grain replication FRP and never warp, split, peel, or rot.
- Face sheets are secured on all four sides by full-length integral reglets on the edges of the stiles and rails to eliminate troublesome screw-applied capping and form a truly flush door.
- Poured-in-place polyurethane core ensures impact resistance, flexural strength, and thermal insulation. In addition, it won’t absorb or be damaged by water.
- Choose from a variety of vision lite options, with or without muntins, to satisfy any architectural requirement.
- Achieve the rich look of real stained wood with our selection of natural wood stain colors.
Save energy by using the SL-19-1 with our thermally broken framing! This is a high-performance door, durable enough for high-traffic entrances in education, religious, retail, health, and municipal facilities that want the classic appearance of a wood door.
Product Ratings and Performance
Hurricane and Windstorm
Florida Product Approval Outside HVHZ
- FL# 21856 Single/Pair Half-Lite/Double Half-Lite Configuration Worksheet
- FL# 21856-R1 Approval
- FL# 27723 Approval
Florida Product Approval Inside HVHZ
Texas Department of Insurance Impact Rated
Thermal Performance and Sustainability
- NFRC 100
- 0.31 Btu/hr x ft2 x ℉
- NFRC 400
- 0.02 cfm/sqft @ 1.57 psf
- 0.03 cfm/sqft @ 6.24 psf
- LEED Declaration
- NFRC 100