Hockey sticks, skates, bags of all sizes, and crowds of enthusiastic fans: there’s a lot your Ice Arena needs to stand up to. You also want to deliver an incredible experience across the board. Rusted doors and frames and the repairs you need to make are the last things you want your visitors to see.
You also want to save your maintenance team time by avoiding recurring issues that affect functionality, security, and appearance. Let’s not forget about saving money on repairs and replacements. Your budget will go much further when you don’t have to spend time repeatedly repairing rusted doors or frames.
Below, we discuss five common issues ice arenas face and how to solve them. When choosing building products for your ice arena, you must consider factors such as moisture and corrosion. Both lead to rust and decay. Selecting the right materials for your doors, frames, and restroom partitions is crucial.
Unsightly Rust is Just the Beginning
Challenges your ice arena might face include heavy use and impact, moisture, temperature fluctuations, energy efficiency, and security. That’s why you should choose high-quality doors, frames, and partitions designed explicitly for ice arenas.
- Doors and frames at Ice Arenas are exposed to heavy use leading to damage that affects functionality and overall appearance.
- Ice rinks generate a lot of moisture. That leads to rust, corrosion, mold, and mildew. All can be harmful to the health of everyone, not to mention the longevity of doors, frames, and partitions.
- Differences in temperature cause expansion and contraction, warping and cracking that traditional doors and frames aren’t engineered to handle.
- Doors and frames must be designed with energy-efficient materials to reduce energy consumption and operating costs.
- Valuable equipment requires secure storage. Athletic facilities like ice arenas need doors that withstand impacts, vandalism, and break-ins while providing easy access for athletes and staff.
Choose Solutions Designed for Your Facility
By working with experts who understand the unique challenges of your facility, you can achieve reliable performance, energy efficiency, durability, safety, and ease of maintenance while meeting your temperature control needs.
Better Materials, Better Design
FRP and aluminum are the best choices for doors, frames, and partitions when retrofitting or building a new commercial facility for this type of environment. These materials provide durability, impact resistance, low maintenance, moisture resistance, and corrosion resistance. They are ideal for high-moisture environments.
FRP and aluminum don’t require painting and are resistant to scratches, dents, and other damage. They are moisture-resistant and corrosion-resistant.
Additionally, you can customize your commercial doors and frames with various colors, finishes, and hardware to match your facility’s aesthetic and functionality.
Here are three specific examples of how FRP and aluminum doors from Special-Lite can be used in your facility.
- SpecLite 3Ⓡ FRP Bathroom Partitions not only offer corrosion resistance but will also stand up to graffiti.
- Interior aluminum-framed glass floors and framing to compliment a modern office.
- Fire-rated models are another option.
And that’s just a sample.
Get Started Today
Our team will work with you to design and install the perfect door, frame, or partition solution for your Ice Arena or another type of Athletic Facility. We offer a 10-year, 100% parts & labor warranty to ensure that your doors and partitions remain fully operational and look great for years to come. Experience peace of mind with custom commercial door solutions from Special-Lite. Locate your nearest Sales Representative and download our Ice Arena Solutions Flyer for reference.