Corrosion and moisture issues in buildings can lead to more than just unsightly rust and decay. They can also pose serious health and safety risks, compromise building security, and lead to costly repairs and maintenance. Choosing corrosion-resistant exterior doors, interior doors, frames, and partitions is crucial, especially in high-moisture and corrosive environments.
Here at Special-Lite, we specialize in combating corrosive environments with corrosion-resistant exterior doors and interior doors. Our commercial doors and frames are designed to withstand even the harshest conditions; they are made with materials and finishes that resist moisture and corrosive chemicals. But what exactly causes building corrosion and moisture issues, and how can you avoid them?
Causes of Door Corrosion and Moisture Issues
Corrosion can take many forms, from surface rust and pitting to galvanic corrosion. It can affect not only the appearance of your building but also the structural integrity of your doors, frames, and partitions. Moisture is often a catalyst for corrosion, leading to mold growth, decay, and other issues.
Some common causes of corrosion and moisture issues in buildings include:
- Exposure to harsh chemicals and cleaning agents
- Precipitation, sea spray, and other environmental factors
- Temperature fluctuations and condensation
- Hidden moisture in wall cavities, attics, and other areas
- Improper ventilation and air circulation
- Incorrect product selection and installation
- Facilities Prone to Corrosion and Moisture Issues
Where Corrosion Issues Can Be Found and How to Avoid Them
Some commercial facilities are more prone to corrosion and moisture issues than others, such as:
- Wastewater treatment plants
- Ice arenas, athletic and aquatic centers
- Agriculture production and storage
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Laboratories and clean rooms
- Healthcare and assisted living facilities
- Car washes and automotive facilities
- Port authorities and coastal buildings
- Animal holding and care facilities
- Food processing plants
Choosing the right commercial doors and frames is essential to avoid corrosion and moisture issues in your building. Some key factors to consider include the following:
- Materials and finishes with resistance to UV light, harsh cleaners and chemicals, and superior cleanability.
- Seamless, monolithic door construction that resists mold and decay. Minimal moisture-trapping crevices and overlapping seams.
- Construction that minimizes heat transfer to avoid condensation-driven moisture issues.
- Sealed core with closed cell technology to avoid moisture penetration and condensation on internal surfaces. Core material that is immune to moisture and decay.
Your Solution to Corrosion is Right Here
When it comes to selecting doors and frames for high-moisture and corrosive environments, Special-Lite® Doors and Frames offer a reliable solution. Our products are engineered to withstand the most challenging conditions. They are manufactured with materials and finishes impervious to moisture and highly resistant to corrosive chemicals.
Other custom fiberglass doors may look similar, but our highly engineered door designs, manufacturing methods, and exclusive superior materials are unique to Special-Lite. By choosing the right doors and frames for your building, you can avoid costly repairs, ensure a safer and cleaner environment, and extend the lifespan of your building and its materials.
Continue the conversation about ensuring your facility is safe and free of damage with your local Special-Lite Rep.