- Wide Stile SL-15 features 4-3/4″ (121mm) stiles.
- Top and bottom rails are 6-1/2″ (165mm); an ADA-compliant 10″ (254mm) bottom rail is also available.
- Stiles and rails are rugged one-piece 6063-T6 aluminum alloy extrusions with a minimum 1/8″ (3.2mm) wall thickness to resist denting and provide secure attachment for hardware.
- Full-width top and bottom tie rods secured with hex nuts provide flexibility to withstand impacts that would break inflexible welds.
- Authentic mortise and tenon joinery provides exceptional strength and transfers the weight of the glass and door directly to the hinge stile.
- Integral exterior glass stops in stiles and rails provide added security and strength. Specified in the glazing can is 1/4″ or 1″ (6.4mm or 25mm) thickness.
- Special-Lite Monumental Doors are Class 1 (0.7mil/. 018mm) anodized aluminum finish, painted with any of our 20 established Kynar® paint colors, any custom color or wood-look finish.
- Maintenance-free anodized aluminum surfaces keep doors looking new.
- Our Monumental Stile and Rail Doors are corrosion resistant and keep their appearances like new with only routine cleaning with mild soap and water.
- Every mid-rail adds another tie rod to the door construction. For 12” mid-panels two tie rods are used.
Our Mid-Rail is a one-piece extrusion that further strengthens the door, separates the glass area into two sections for easier replacement, and can conceal touch bar exit devices from exterior view. We offer either 2-1/2”, 4”, 6-1/2” (63.5mm, 102mm, and 165mm) and 8″ wide mid-rails, which can be positioned horizontally, vertically, or both, and can be specified in contrasting finishes.
A Special-Lite exclusive, our SL-484 Mid-Panel adds a nice design accent while protecting the center portion of the door in locations prone to heavy traffic. Our mid-panel is 12″ (305mm) tall and features an aluminum frame, poured-in-place urethane core, and two 3/8″ (9.5mm) galvanized steel tie rods at top and bottom, which add considerable strength and durability to the door. Our mid-panel can be fabricated with any of our available door face sheet material, finish and texture options. Custom options are available to add a logo to mid-panel.
The SL-15 aluminum stile and rail door offers functionality, security and long life. They’re ideally suited for educational, institutional, commercial, hotel, restaurant, arenas or religious facility entrances subjected to high traffic.