- Wide Stile SL-15 features 4-3/4″ (121mm) stiles.
- Top and bottom rails are 6-1/2″ (165mm); an ADA-compliant 10″ (254mm) bottom rail is also available.
- Stiles and rails are rugged one-piece 6063-T6 aluminum alloy extrusions with a minimum 1/8″ (3.2mm) wall thickness to resist denting and provide secure attachment for hardware.
- Full-width top and bottom tie rods secured with hex nuts provide flexibility to withstand impacts that would break inflexible welds.
- Authentic mortise and tenon joinery provides exceptional strength and transfers the weight of the glass and door directly to the hinge stile.
- Integral exterior glass stops in stiles and rails provide added security and strength. Specified in the glazing can is 1/4″ or 1″ (6.4mm or 25mm) thickness.
- Special-Lite Monumental Doors are Class 1 (0.7mil/. 018mm) anodized aluminum finish, painted with any of our 20 established Kynar® paint colors, any custom color or wood-look finish.
- Maintenance-free anodized aluminum surfaces keep doors looking new.
- Our Monumental Stile and Rail Doors are corrosion resistant and keep their appearances like new with only routine cleaning with mild soap and water.
- Every mid-rail adds another tie rod to the door construction. For 12” mid-panels two tie rods are used.
Our Mid-Rail is a one-piece extrusion that further strengthens the door, separates the glass area into two sections for easier replacement, and can conceal touch bar exit devices from exterior view. We offer either 2-1/2”, 4”, 6-1/2” (63.5mm, 102mm, and 165mm) and 8″ wide mid-rails, which can be positioned horizontally, vertically, or both, and can be specified in contrasting finishes.
A Special-Lite exclusive, our SL-484 Mid-Panel adds a nice design accent while protecting the center portion of the door in locations prone to heavy traffic. Our mid-panel is 12″ (305mm) tall and features an aluminum frame, poured-in-place urethane core, and two 3/8″ (9.5mm) galvanized steel tie rods at top and bottom, which add considerable strength and durability to the door. Our mid-panel can be fabricated with any of our available door face sheet material, finish and texture options. Custom options are available to add a logo to mid-panel.
The SL-15 aluminum stile and rail door offers functionality, security and long life. They’re ideally suited for educational, institutional, commercial, hotel, restaurant, arenas or religious facility entrances subjected to high traffic.
The SL-15 is now available as a smoke-rated entryway solution.*
This product will come from the factory with all the necessary Category H Smoke and Draft control gaskets to be applied in the field. Contact your Rep to learn more about this cost-saving option for those projects requiring fire and smoke protection.
*This is applicable to current models and existing models cannot be retrofitted in the field.