Sandstone Texture FRP Aluminum Hybrid Door
Need it fast(er)? This door qualifies for our Express Program. Get it shipped in 2 weeks, or shipping is free! Restrictions apply: Learn more.
The SL-20 FRP Door is constructed as tough as the SL-17 but with a softer, smoother appearance. The SL-20 is strong yet aesthetically pleasing with its exclusive, exterior-grade sandstone-textured FRP (fiber-reinforced polyester) surface finish. Tough enough for your entire high-traffic exterior entrance locations but also attractive enough to complement indoor spaces. The SL-20 has the same durable construction as the SL-17 for long life and low maintenance and is available in many prominent architectural through colors.
At the Core of our Door’s Strength is our Door’s Core
The poured-in-place polyurethane core of our SL-20 is not just a passive filler — it’s a functional component that contributes significantly to the durability of Special-Lite Doors. After the door has been completely assembled, the core material is injected using our proprietary foam injection technology, ensuring a complete fill. This strong, lightweight, structural polyurethane foam bonds firmly to the rails, stiles, reinforcements and face sheets to transform the door into a solid, completely sealed unit with incredible impact resistance and flexural strength. Our polyurethane foam won’t absorb or be damaged by water.
- Manufactured with stiles and rails of extruded 6063-T6 aluminum alloys
- Stiles and rails are joined with mitered corners, and angle blocks secured by 3/8″ diameter full-width galvanized steel tie rods
- Standard and optional internal reinforcements provide secure attachments for the exact hardware specified
- Face sheets are rabbeted and secured on all four sides by full-length integral reglets on the edges of the stiles and rails to form a truly flush door
- Sandstone-Textured face sheets are .120″ thick and provide scratch, scuff, and fade resistance and will never rust, corrode, crack, split, peel, or rot
- The sandstone-texture provides a fine-grained, aesthetically pleasing appearance and is easy to clean
- Face sheets are available in standard through-molded colors, so scratches will not be obvious
- Color match available on a painted face sheet
- Poured-in-place closed-cell polyurethane core
- Doors can be supplied with hardware installed, reinforced only, or prepped for field installation of hardware.
- All anodized finishes are Class I (.7 mil)
- Unique configurations such as arched doors, odd sizes, unequal pairs, monorail cutouts, dutch or bi-fold doors, and custom lites are no problem.
- Maximum door size: 48″ x 96″
- Florida Building Code approved for use in HVHZ
- Greenguard Gold
The SL-20 FRP Door features an aesthetically pleasing, sandstone-textured surface finish face sheet. This door withstands high traffic, improves security, and increases energy savings. Building types include public buildings, schools, universities, dorm rooms, government, and restaurants, hotels, healthcare, fitness, and sports buildings.
Product Ratings and Performance
Hurricane and Windstorm
Florida Product Approval Outside HVHZ
- FL# 9875 Single/Pair Half-Lite Configuration Worksheet
- FL# 9875 Single Half-Lite Configuration Worksheet
- FL# 9875 Single No Lite Configuration Worksheet
- FL# 9875-R6 Approval
- FL# 27723 Configuration Worksheet
- FL# 13789 Single/Pair Half-Lite Configuration Worksheet
- FL# 13789-R1 Approval
- FL# 21856 Single/Pair Half-Lite/Double Half-Lite Configuration Worksheet
- FL# 21856-R1 Approval
- FL# 27723 Approval
Florida Product Approval Inside HVHZ
Texas Department of Insurance Impact Rated
Thermal Performance and Sustainability
- NFRC 100
- 0.32 Btu/hr x ft2 x ℉
- NFRC 400
- 0.04 cfm/sqft @ 1.57 psf
- 0.04 cfm/sqft @ 6.24 psf
- LEED Declaration
- NFRC 100